We have a newly established still water fishery for trout fishing with fly only. The lake covers approximately 1.5 acres and has crystal-clear water fed by 3 artesian wells and several springs. Its depth ranges from 1.5 to 3+ meters and it is stocked mainly with rainbows ranging from around 2 lbs to doubles, and with some browns.
THE TROUT FISHERY AT LA CASCADE
La Cascade is a newly established still water fishery for fishing for trout with fly only. It is set in the beautiful and peaceful Canche Valley in Northern France.
The lake is approaching 1.5 acres and has crystal-clear water fed by 3 artesian wells and several springs. Its depth ranges from 1.5 to 3+ meters and it is stocked with mainly rainbows ranging from 2lbs to doubles. Some browns have also been stocked.
There is a comfortable clubroom with free tea and coffee for all anglers. There is also an outside terrasse for use in good weather. A toilet and shower is adjacent to the clubroom. We intend to provide a disabled fishing platform at a later date.
The fishery is part of “La Cascade” complex which includes an on site bar, restaurant and 5 B & B rooms, one of which is suitable for disabled persons and is located on the ground floor.
La Cascade is located about 75 minutes from Calais and is ideal for a weekend or a midweek break.
Day and half day tickets are available.
Prior reservation essential
We are able to host corporate groups and clubs.
FLY FISHERY RULES
- All anglers must sign in on arrival stating name, car registration number (if applicable) and ticket type
- All ticket must be paid for before commencing fishing either by cash or card (except for those who have booked a combined B&B and fishing stay)
- All anglers must wear appropriate clothing and have proper tackle for fly fishing. The management reserves the right to refuse entrance to anyone it deems not properly equipped
- Strictly single fly only. No droppers or boobies.
- Barbless hooks to be used at all times
- Leaders must be a minimum of 3.5 KG (0.18mm) breaking strain
- All browns must be returned
- Please record your catch on the returns form provided
- Tickets are non-transferable
- All litter including discarded lines and leader ends must be placed in the bins provided or taken home
- No vegetation to be trimmed or damaged in any way. Breaking of branches or tree limbs to retrieve flies will result in immediate dismissal from the fishery and banning from future attendance
- No Smoking Around the Lake. Smoking is only permitted in designated areas
- Dogs are not permitted
- Children under 18 and guests are not permitted
- The use of mobile phones is discouraged around the lake. Please restrict their use to the lodge area
- Wading is not permitted
- No Gutting to be carried out on our site
- Failure to abide by the rules will result in immediate dismissal from the fishery and banning from future access
We hope you find these rules not too onerous and that they will enable you to enjoy your fishing at la Cascade.
FLY FISHERY- TICKET PRICES
All day (9:00am- 8:00pm)- Catch & Release 40 Euros
Half day (9:00am- 2:00pm or 2:00pm-8:00pm)- Catch & Release 30 Euros
Evening/ After work (6:00pm-8:00pm)- Catch & Release 20 Euros
With our Loyalty program, every 12 full ticket visits= 1 free visit
Should you wish to take any fish, you will be charged 8 Euros per kg of fish over and above the ticket price. A maximum of 3 fishes can be taken.
No gutting to be carried out on our site.
For group prices and tariffs, please contact the management directly by email or telephone
Corporate days to a maximum of 20 fishermen can be arranged with lunch and dinner included. Tuition and hire of tackle can also be arranged. Please contact the management directly by email or telephone for more details.